With this new functionality “Aero Snap for the graphics window” introduced in NX 11, you can display a part in multiple graphics window with different orientations and scales.
Note: This functionality works on windows platform only.
Prerequisite: To use this functionality, you must turn off the mouse option ‘Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen’ on your windows operating system.
To check this, perform the following steps:
- Go to ‘Control Panel’.
- Click on ‘Ease of Access’.
- Click on ‘Change how your keyboard works’.
- Under ‘Make it easier to manage windows’, verify option ‘Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen‘ is not checked.
There are three different ways by which you can snap a graphics window of part in the available area.
- Drag the part graphics window to one of the corners (Upper left/Upper right/Bottom left/Bottom right) to snap it to one fourth portion of the available area.
- Drag the part graphics window to either extreme left or extreme right to snap it to half portion of the available area.
- Drag the part graphics window to top to maximize it or double click on the title bar of part graphics window like normal windows functionality.
Following GIF image shows the above scenarios in sequence. Notice how part graphics window gets snapped to the corners and sides as described above